I thought this was such a cute picture. Ava is totally asleep with her hand still hung up on the chain toy. It was like that for the longest time. She is getting so big. Ava is 4 months and 2 days old! WOW, time goes by so fast. I have her 4 month check up next Friday, so it will be fun to see her growth since her 2 month. Yara is loving life down here in HOT TX. She is really into dressing up. I got her a hot pink TU-TU several days ago.... she has worn it ever since. She loves it.
Justin and I are just getting really excited about our future in dental school. We have so many things we have to get done before we move. My main thing is YARD SALE! I have to get rid of so much I can't wait! What is it about yard sales? You feel so much better after you get rid of some junk!
My rules for Yard Sales:
My rules for Yard Sales:
*If you honestly haven't used the item in 6months - 1 Year and its not sentimental sell it!!!! Besides seasonal items (skis,snowboards, clothing,etc...)*Go through every thing and pick out what you want to sell. Don't just go through most of your junk ---- all of your junk. Whats junk to you is a treasure to some one else.
*You can pick up yard sale pricing stickers at Honks or All a Dollar. Start pricing every thing. Its hard to make prices on the spot and it gets so busy some times you want to be prepared.
*You can pick up yard sale pricing stickers at Honks or All a Dollar. Start pricing every thing. Its hard to make prices on the spot and it gets so busy some times you want to be prepared.
*Clean up your yard so customers want to come see what you have. Mow lawn, pick up trash etc.. Maybe even sell some homemade cookies or lemonade!
*Make visible signs with balloons and bright colors. Advertise in your local news paper and craigslist.
*Get some cash to start out. Mostly 1 and 5 dollar bills and change.
*Have your stuff out early and be prepared! There are a lot of people who will get there early, you will feel dumb not being on time!
*Put your money some where safe.... the pocket.

* When the sale is over, don't put the rest of your junk back in your house. Give it to charity or some thing, don't go backwards!
*And last but not least------ don't blow all your earnings on junk on your neighbors yard sale!
Yard and garage sales are a lot of work but they can be fun and rewarding. So get started and make some money!


3 comments:
you have inspired me! I think I will have a yard sale when we get home. It will be perfect because as I Unpack from Brazil and Storage, I could say - sell or not to sell... You are great!
we want to see pictures of the pink tu-tu and Justin's glasses!
Good luck with the garage sale.
I too want to see pictures of the pink tu-tu.
I need to remember all the info for when I have a yard sale someday. Best of luck!
Post a Comment