Our little family is back in Utah. Yara is getting so big I can hardly carry her up the stairs anymore. She is trying to say so many words at a time that it doesn't really come out the right way. It's really cute having a conversation with her because she thinks I can understand every thing she is saying. She still loves putting on her hot pink sunglasses and all her little hats and shoes. She is going to be a very good big sister because she loves helping me with everything. Yara loves throwing garbage in the trash can. And she watches closely because the other day I noticed her putting the old news paper in the recycling bin!!! She is very smart....
As for me I feel like I am getting a big belly really fast. I am starting to notice that I have a hard time bending over to put my socks on already. I am having a girl for those of you that I haven't talked to for a while. My due date is Feb. 1rst, the day before Yara's 2nd birthday!!!!! I hope I don't have her on the same day.
I am working 6 hours a week while Justin stays home with Yara. I work for a company that takes adults with disabilities in for the work day. I drive them home 3 days a week. I have worked for them on and off for the last 3 years. Any ways I always have the most eye opening conversations with the parents of the clients I take home. Today this guy that I take home had a hard morning. He had a seizure that took over his strength for the rest of the day etc... He has epilepsy so it's a common thing for him to have seizures a lot during the week. Anyways his father told me today that his first seizure was when he was almost 2 (Yara's age). It lasted for a WEEK! Now obviously he is not the same little healthy boy he was when he was born. He thinks, talks, and acts like a two year old in a 30 year old body. It really makes you think about what you have and how good you have it.
Another client that really has changed my life is so beautiful. She is dark with blue eyes and a great smile. Her dad told me that she was 6 months old when they got into a car accident. Now she can't talk or say that much. Her dad and mom are so sweet every time I drop her off. They kiss her and hug her and show so much affection when the other parents just don't do all that. Her dad told me that they never thought that would happen to their beautiful little baby. But now they just live every day to the fullest.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Back to the real Life
Posted by Olsen Family at 6:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea for blogging! Keep it up so you have a journal. Maybe you keep another journal, but I don't. And this is more fun.
Sorry your faces look weird in the hot springs photo. The light was a little weird I guess.
Post a Comment